Engineering Manager, Studio
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 2+ years in a Manager/Team Lead role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Expert in building highly scalable distributed multi-tier client/server systems
- Well-versed into UI/UX domain, familiar with UI frameworks like QT, React.JS or similar
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top