Engineering Manager- Game Knowledge
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As Engineering Manager, Game Knowledge, you’ll be in charge of driving personalization, recommendations, retrieval and content understanding across discovery surface areas. Your teams will be building the machine learning models, signals and systems, as well as the data engineering pipelines that drive engagement at Roblox. If you are an experienced technical and people leader with a passion for ML and data, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing discovery team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 7+ years of experience driving machine learning and data engineering on teams with a proven track record of delivering impactful, elegant technical solutions at high scale. You have a MS or PhD in Computer Science with focus on Machine learning, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field or equivalent work experience, with strong Software Engineering background
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of modern machine learning approaches and data engineering technologies, can drive product development efforts via that understanding, measuring tradeoffs and bringing a team of engineers to consensus. You keep up with the industry trends and adopt them to problems at Roblox
- Charismatic: You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Build core teams in the discovery organization and lead them while they create new ML systems and models driving engagement for millions of users.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering leaders to develop new and improved functionality, pipelines, and systems.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top