Engineering Manager- Game Discovery
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox, Engineering Manager, Game Discovery Experience, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Engineering Manager, Game Discovery Experience, you’ll be in charge of building the highly-personalized user-facing surface area across the Roblox app and websites, including the Home page, Search page, Autocomplete, Games page, and Game Details page, collectively serving 90M+ users per day. If you are an experienced technical and people leader with a passion for user-facing products, data-driven decision making and experimentation, and full-stack engineering, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing discovery team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 7+ years of experience driving user interfaces on product-facing fullstack teams with a proven track record of delivering impactful, elegant technical solutions. You have a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of modern client systems and web or app frameworks. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Charismatic: You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Build core teams in the discovery organization and lead them while they create new experiences for millions of users.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering leaders to develop new and improved functionality, interfaces, and workflows.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top