Engineering Lead, Social Co-Experience
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Lead, Social Co-Experience, you’ll be in charge of building the experiences that will take Roblox to the immersive metaverse. If you are an experienced technical leader with deep knowledge of user experience, game development, and immersive social products you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Co-experience team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 3+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of game development experience or social product development.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of client-server game development, can architect systems that deliver low latency experience in a high latency environment. You can develop long-lasting external API contracts with little obsletation or sunsutting. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You are excited to learn new technologies as the challenges require.
- Charismatic: You are used to lead engineers, love to earn their respect and can make them accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
- Iterate quickly and help define the vision and product mission of the company’s gambit into social co-experiences.
- Work closely with the Roblox game engine, iOS & Android app, and Roblox game code to usher in new products across the full-stack.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top