Director of Product Management - Search & Discovery
Director of Product Management - Search & Discovery , San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Director of Product Management - Search & Discovery , you will set the goals and drive the vision for a team of developers who build and maintain our app for Mobile and Tablet devices. The Mobile App team will focus on the user experience, UI design and flow, feature development and performance of the app.
- A product leader who drives the ideation, specifications, prioritization, development and success metrics of innovative product features
- Experienced and knowledgeable, with 6+ years of product management or software production experience and a Bachelor's degree at minimum
- Design oriented, with a feel for intuitive and well presented app content, and prior experience authoring design specs and UI wireframes for successful products
- An expert on software development for mobile and tablet, iOS and Android
- Relentless in the pursuit of quality and comfortable iterating until that high bar is reached
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across teams and departments
- An agile scrum veteran who is comfortable leading teams, setting clear goals, addressing risks and removing bottlenecks
- Data driven with a strong grasp of methods to track the performance and impact of the features you are developing including A/B tests and usability testing
- A product champion and inspiration to the people around you, as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Consistently drive product development to meet our high standards of usability, quality, presentation and fun
- Help develop a long term strategy and roadmap for the team and product
- Discover and define the improvements, problems and solutions we should be pursuing
- Tackle creative challenges that have never been solved before; design and author product specs that will guide your team to victory
- Direct the team through the product backlog and author stories with clear definitions
- Manage development in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop and track key metrics for feature performance, gain insight from the resulting data, drive improvements over time and communicate their status
- Champion and demonstrate new features and improvements to key stakeholders and teams across the company
- Proactively support the needs of the Roblox player and developer communities
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top