Director of Product Management - Catalog
Roblox, Director of Product Management - Catalog - San Mateo, CA
Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Roblox has over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours of play monthly.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is defining the future of play. Fundamental to that future, powerful creation tools enable our developers to create amazing, transformational experiences. The Roblox Catalog connects our users to their avatars, their digital identity on the platform and within many of Roblox’s more than 40M games. Indeed, more than half of our users update their avatar each day. As a Director of Product Management, Catalog you will be tasked to devise and execute product strategy to rebuild the Roblox Catalog from the ground up, integrate it with the rest of the avatar ecosystem and build content management and merchandising tools to run it as a live service.
The Roblox Catalog already represents a meaningful component of Roblox’ business and this role will be important in driving overall user engagement and monetization at Roblox.
- Seasoned Product Manager with a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product.
- Experienced, with 5-7 years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- A digital marketplace expert who has deep experience in building virtual stores and tools to run them, understand content architecture and has natural intuition for the customer.
- An operator that has used live ops tools to run digital marketplaces.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for user interaction beyond the veneer of the GUI and comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details.
- Ambitious, you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before, you are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Create and deliver an innovative Catalog and integrate it with the rest of the Roblox Avatar and platform ecosystem.
- Build an industry leading product team to continue pushing innovation in the Catalog.
- Build an industry leading live ops team, with an obsession to drive up our platform engagement.
- Drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation catalog and meaningfully contribute to the overall product vision for a fully integrated avatar experience.
- Use relentless customer development and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate Catalog needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top