Director of Analytics
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
We are looking for a Director of Analytics and Data Science who will work closely with the product team to define KPIs and help drive data driven product development across the company. On a day to day basis you will lead a team of really smart data analysts and data scientists to automate all data intelligence reports, help AB tests and scientific analysis of user behavior. The successful candidate will have a great ‘sense of smell’ and turn data into information, information into insight and insight into actionable business decisions. This role requires a thorough understanding of latest analytics techniques and algorithms in combination with a extensive knowledge of industry standard tools, languages and statistics.
- Lead a team of data analysts and scientists to enable world class data driven product design
- Work with product team to define KPIs for all parts of the product and help drive data-driven product development across all product teams
- Drive the data teams throughput by being the knowledge expert in both techniques used and quality of results produced
- Be able to use pig or hive or mapreduce to retrieve data from key value data stores to create reports
- Automate relevant business intelligence reports and dashboards that provide actionable information to the product and business team
- Do statistical AB testing as per the business plan working with the product managers and be able to identify success and failure based on different chosen cohorts.
- Master's degree in Statistics/Machine Learning or relevant degree with Phds preferred
- 10+ years experience doing data analytics with 5+ years of a lead or a director
- Proven knowledge of statistical tests, linear regression and other relevant techniques
- Experience modelling data to define user behavior at various levels
- Thorough knowledge of SQL, R and python experience
- Knowledge of shell scripting, AWS platform with expertise in big data analysis
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top