ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
ROBLOX has grown by almost 4X in the past year and continues at the same rate. Through this growth, we blew through our original cage, expanded into another, and are now expanding to multiple physical locations. Our production environment is a hybrid of AWS and physical data centers. We serve 30M monthly active users, and are are rapidly approaching 1M peak concurrent users via a gaming cloud that spans 30+ data centers throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
Our infrastructure management system is highly automated, enabling engineers to interact with thousands of Windows and Linux servers across multiple environments in parallel via the command line. Our application space includes database scalability, caching, message queuing, search, recommendations, elasticsearch, redis, mobile, and a proprietary gaming cloud management.
Come join the ROBLOX data center team and help us grow our footprint globally.
- Contribute to the growing library of automation scripts and tools that will ultimately deliver hardware as a service to our application teams
- Eliminate all possible human interaction from the build and maintenance of hardware, from device type recognition, through PXE boot, and managed upgrades
- Design, develop, and support new automation code for application servers, networking gear, third party systems, and maintenance processes
- Continuously automate solutions to failures in hardware, configuration, networking, vendor outages, and continuous software upgrades
- Expand our automated monitoring and alerting system to improve team response, triage, and time-to-solution
- Maintain uptime SLA’s for a 24/7/365 production environment
- Participate in on-call rotations
- 5 years of experience in production data center support and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Scripting and debugging experience in Powershell, Python, bash (we use Powershell)
- Expertise with automation tools (Chef, Puppet), including administration and recipes
- Experience automating the configuration and maintenance of Linux and Windows servers in a mixed OS environment (Linux integration with Active Directory a plus)
- Programming experience in one or more: C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience with the administration and automation of ElasticSearch or Redis, plusses
- Windows and Linux server administration
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top