Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Build Tools Engineer, you will develop, optimize and maintain mission critical build tools for the Roblox Game Engine Team. Using the tools that you and your team develop and manage, you will support all phases of the software life-cycle - including multi-platform build systems, continuous integration, crash reporting, code coverage and analysis tools, and test environments. If you have a passion for delivering productivity and efficiency with state-of-the-art development tools, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Client and Game Engine Development Team.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing and maintaining build tools and processes for engineering teams of 15 or more
- Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient with Git, continuous integration and multiplatform development environments
- Knowledge of secure source control management
- Familiar with static analysis and code coverage tools
- A strong communicator
- Dedicated to optimizing full cycle engineering development pipelines
- Maintain and improve code analysis, build and release tools
- Integrate code analysis and quality metrics tools
- Customize our continuous integration system to work with a growing team
- Improve integration between version control, build and incident tracking tools
- Collaborate with the team to improve overall build process reliability and scalability
- Upgrade, maintain current production deployment systems
- Provide ongoing support for the code development lifecycle
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar