Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Deep Learning Engineer on our Avatar Emotion team, you will work on projects that allow for our users to project their digital selves into the Metaverse. You will help us create tools to customize faces and facial expressions within Roblox. Powered by deep learning, computer vision and visual effects, you will help us build a new era of immersive experiences through the creation, animation and sharing of personalized, 3D avatars.
- Experienced applying deep learning to computer vision problems
- Knowledgeable of convolutional networks and common architectures (Inception, ResNet, DenseNet)
- Proficient in at least one deep learning library (TensorFlow, Torch, MXNet)
- Familiar with traditional computer vision in C++ with libraries such as OpenCV
- Solid with software design skills and the ability to write efficient, readable and reusable research code
- An advanced degree in a related field with an emphasis on computer vision or machine learning, or BS with equivalent industry experience
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark, or distributed training of deep learning models
- Knowledge of algorithms applied to faces such as face recognition, landmarking, or reconstruction, or advanced deep learning topics
- Knowledge of algorithms for facial animation synthesis from audio, video and other signals
- Publications in machine learning or computer vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ICML, NIPS)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar