Database Engineer (Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL)
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- An expert in in database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and have strong working knowledge around Microsoft SQL Server.
- Trained in high availability technologies (AlwaysOn)
- Versed in NoSQL technologies : DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.
- Proficient with configuring and managing on-line backup technologies in Microsoft SQL Server/Other SQL databases and ensure disaster recovery.
- Understand Powershell scripting
- Knowledgeable with Multi site data replication
- Passionate about other database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experienced in managing cache services (Redis, Memcached)
- Creative, data-driven, resourceful and eager to learn.
- Educated, with a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science with 5-10 years of experience.
- Be a part of the next generation data platform as a service, which will help create great experiences for our users and empower our developers across the world
- Work with a team of great engineers, designing and implementing highly available systems which are globally distributed and critical in nature
- Design and Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Help automate routine tasks.
- Maintain large scale databases Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL across multiple data centers
- Optimizing data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scale
- Perform data related bench-marking and performance analysis/tuning
- Keep our data secured across multiple geographic locations
- Pro-actively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability.
- Design and implement robust backup strategy to ensure no data loss
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top