Content Integration Engineer
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
As a Content Integration Engineer you will identify and develop ground-up prototypes of new or expanded functionality to enhance the 3D Design team’s capabilities and toolsets. These improvements will allow the 3D Design team to broaden the platform’s abilities for handling character, animation, gameplay, VFX, and the nexus of where all those features meet. While you will collaborate other teams when relevant, you will be primarily responsible for working with the 3D Design team in creating these prototypes and for implementing these practical solutions in the production pipeline; you will be part of a small dedicated team amongst a much larger engineering force that is mainly there for support.
- 5-10 years of professional proactive C++ software development. Lua knowledge is a plus.
- Experience designing, building, and distributing dynamic, versatile, and robust toolsets to be used by game designers or artists.
- At least one shipped title. Mobile experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be utilized when presenting ideas or prototypes.
- Innovative mindset with a focus on solving interdisciplinary puzzles.
- Passion for games and game design.
- Knowledge of animation and gameplay is mandatory. Knowledge of shaders, modeling, VFX, and UI are a plus.
- Ability to adapt to changing desires of a community and a live product.
- Work with Design to create prototypes of new or expanded gameplay functionality
- Create tools or pipelines to further enhance and diversify gameplay or to make it easier to create
- Implement practical solutions that replicate how a game developer would most like to work
- Iterate on existing tools and pipelines to further refine them, increase their efficiency, and ensure they are intuitive for our developers
- Provide guidance to the engineering teams when they convert your prototypes into fully published tools
- Communicate with the Developer Experience team to better understand certain gameplay or game pipeline problems that our developers have
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top