Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Computer Graphics Engineer, you will be working on foundational algorithms for real-time 3D avatars that will scale to the millions of users on the Roblox platform. Our team, composed of industry experts from ILM, Digital Domain, Adobe and Google, are working on challenging engineering problems at the boundary of real time computer graphics and deep learning. One such project is discussed in our SIGGRAPH ‘21 talk that describes our approach for building a mobile-friendly real-time facial animation system.
The technologies we envision will allow Roblox players to watch their favorite music artist singing with facial expressions in real-time during a virtual concert or interacting with friends in a life-like, interactive way. The expression of emotions that will be brought to life by the Roblox community is limitless.
Our team is led by Kiran Bhat, who was the co-founder of Loom.ai (acquired by Roblox) and won a SciTech academy award for facial capture used in several feature films, including the Hulk in the Avengers. The avatar emotion team is working on projects to bring the magic of digital characters and real-time emotion capture to the Metaverse to allow our users to project their identity and express themselves through their digital avatars.
- Experienced in implementing efficient algorithms for geometry processing, animation, deformation or rendering
- Expert in C++ programming skills and object-oriented design
- Experienced with OpenGL (both core and ES) and more advanced realtime rendering techniques
- Knowledgeable of scene-graphs and integrations with a rendering pipeline
- Knowledgeable of common graphics constructs and skills such as skinning, blendshapes, texturing, and keyframe animation, including file formats and conversion
- Knowledgeable with deep learning techniques for geometry deformation or neural rendering
- Able to write organized, efficient, readable and reusable code
- Excellent with communication and collaboration
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of industry experience in writing tools or engines for games or VFX or equivalent research experience
- Worked on large scale engineering projects collaborating with other engineers
- 3D application development experience
- Good knowledge of 3D math and computer graphics related algorithms
A Plus if You Have:
- Experience with WebGL or other web-based 3D frameworks
- Experience programming in Unity or Unreal engine
- Led feature development from concept definition to shipping product
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar