Cloud Team Manager
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Software Engineering Manager for the Studio Cloud Server Team, you will be in charge of architecture, design, implementation and delivery of the components that constitute the server side of Roblox collaborative game development IDE.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 2+ years in a Manager/Team Lead role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading, networking, server side applications on Windows and Linux
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top