The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior UI Tools Engineer you will build exciting new features for our game engine's UI system. With an incredibly diverse application set, you will work on our completely custom in-house UI system that helps power the millions of games you find on Roblox, as well as our mobile application. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both a usability and performance perspective. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, and algorithms. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development.
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of professional experience working on a consumer-facing UI framework.
- Proficient in C++
- Passionate about performance
- Well versed in responsive UI design mechanics
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
- Experience building online mobile and/or console titles
- Shipped a high quality UI on a mobile application (iOS, Android)
- Experience working on a browser-based rendering engine
- Experience with Lua
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
- Help improve, design and implement a world-class UI framework that millions of games on Roblox use.
- Maintain and improve existing codebase
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top