Backend Web Engineer - Internationalization
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
Our Internationalization team is driving our efforts to expand ROBLOX as a first-class experience across the globe. This team builds internal systems for managing localization of application resources into various languages and cultures, the infrastructure behind the machine translation of real-time interactions between users, the tools for our users to manage the translation of their content, and other region-specific features across our product.
As an Engineer on this team, your work will affect numerous domains such as mobile apps, web pages, backend services, content distribution, search, third party integrations, etc.
There are tens of millions of users interacting with ROBLOX every month, and millions more finding us around the world. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on a vital team and the ROBLOX platform as a whole.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns
- Automated testing is a first thought
- Experience working with large distributed backend systems
- SQL and NoSQL
- Ability to self organize and deliver
Nice to have:
- Professional experience with an OOP language, especially our stack (C#)
- Experience with language localization
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top