Accounting Manager - Roblox China
- Shenzhen, China
Roblox China – Accounting Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox, a global online experience brings people around the world together by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning through shared online experiences. Every month, more than 100 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital worlds. All of these digital worlds are built by the Roblox community, made up of over 2 million creators.
Roblox has pursued a vision of creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Players share experiences, socialize, create and learn.
The strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, will accelerate these efforts in China.
Tech Crunch recently published a 3-part profile on Roblox, reposted here:
- How Roblox Grew into a $2.5B Company
- Digging into the Roblox Growth Strategy
- 3 Lessons from Roblox’s Growth
Roblox’s CEO gave a talk at a recent Roblox Developer Conference that sets out what to expect from Roblox in the next few years.
China is a truly strategic market for Roblox and very important to accomplishing the mission of bringing the world together through play.
As an Accounting Manager, you’ll be the main point person for a wide range of accounting procedures. Your technical background and expectations for excellence will be integral to the success of the growing accounting department. If you have the technical experience and take accounting as seriously as we do, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing accounting team.
- An accounting guru:
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in corporate accounting in a senior capacity (global / gaming experience a plus) & 3-4 years experience in public accounting (big 4 a plus)
- breadth and depth of experience with a wide range of accounting issues including stock compensation, equity, control processes, lease accounting, consolidations, etc.
- Team-oriented: you have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you, and you’re comfortable working with people in any situation
- Detail oriented: you have an eye for detail; you double & triple check your work to ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Excellent communicator: ability to break down complex accounting issues/processes and communicate them effectively through email, memos, and in person
- Leader: experience in guiding team members to reach goals and helping them to develop professionally
- MUST BE FLUENT IN MANDARIN AND ENGLISH
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, and GL
- Research technical accounting issues and prepare accounting memos
- Participate in month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare financial statements and schedules in preparation for audit
- Prepare monthly flux analysis
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Back to top