Roblox, Accounting Manager, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As an Accounting Manager, you’ll be the main point person for a wide range of accounting procedures. Your technical background and expectations for excellence will be integral to the success of the growing accounting department. If you have the technical experience and take accounting as seriously as we do, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing accounting team.
- An accounting guru:
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in corporate accounting in a senior capacity (global / gaming experience a plus) & 3-4 years experience in public accounting (big 4 a plus)
- breadth and depth of experience with a wide range of accounting issues including stock compensation, equity, control processes, lease accounting, consolidations, etc.
- Team-oriented: you have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you, and you’re comfortable working with people in any situation
- Detail oriented: you have an eye for detail; you double & triple check your work to ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Excellent communicator: ability to break down complex accounting issues/processes and communicate them effectively through email, memos, and in person
- Leader: experience in guiding team members to reach goals and helping them to develop professionally
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, and GL
- Research technical accounting issues and prepare accounting memos
- Participate in month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare financial statements and schedules in preparation for audit
- Prepare monthly flux analysis
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top