(1531) Sr. Back-end Engineer, Data Service
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As Sr. Back-end Engineer - Data Service, you will be responsible for developing software that effectively supports our rapid scaling from a data infrastructure/back end perspective. You will grow with the engineering team and infrastructure to improve these systems and make Roblox the world's safest online platform.
- Passion about the quality of your work
- Experience in object-oriented languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with database fundamentals (SQL, NoSQL)
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with 5-10 years of experience in distributed systems
- Implement a new, highly efficient, multi-region data service layer backed by APIs that will cater to ever-growing needs of Roblox as we are going through one of the biggest growth phases in the history of our company.
Nice to Haves:
- Demonstrated experience of building a data service framework and a strong experience with micro-services/APIs
- Experience writing custom build plugins (MSBuild, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Back to top