002 Senior Software Engineer - Bots & Spam
- San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Bots & Spam
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Senior Software Engineer - Bots & Spam
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Bots & Spam team, you will be helping in improving the Roblox experience by combating bad actors on the platform. We are looking for an experienced back end engineer that is interested in building a scalable platform that will be used to identify and mitigate bot impact. If you are an engineer who is passionate about solving hard problems and building a highly scalable, high impact platform, Bots & Spam might be the place for you.
- Backend engineer familiar with building highly scalable microservices
- 3+ years of work experience
- Experience with compiled languages such as golang, Java or C#
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
- Interested in security and/or bot detection
You Might Have:
- Working knowledge of REST and/or gRPC APIs
- Ability to architect highly scalable microservices
- Interest in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with data pipelines and ETLs
- Exposure to technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Hive, Firehose, etc
Back to top