Web Engineer (Intern)
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role:
Join our fast-growing and high-impact teams at Robinhood! Our web engineers work across our different product areas: Activation, Brokerage and Core Experience on our rich client-side web application that powers the next generation of Robinhood, building marketing websites or working on the infrastructure that enables all web developers to work efficiently on the platform.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Architecting new consumer features and reusable UI paradigms using React
- Leading the product from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution
- Building and test products to support Robinhood’s brokerage operations
- Collaborating with brokerage and market specialists to rapidly iterate on the product
- Designing frameworks and tools that empower other developers
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2022
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for supporting power user and building developer tools
- Familiarity with Python/Django and Go (bonus points)
Technologies we use:
- Redux / Immutable
- Babel + Webpack
- Django and Go on the backend
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
The role associated with the above job description is subject to possible modification due to the shelter-in-place restrictions as a result of the pandemic.
Back to top