Strategic Programs Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a seasoned program manager to work on all key programs in the Technical Risk & Compliance (TRC) team that is part of the overall Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) organization. You will work very closely with the head of TRC as well as stakeholders across the company to develop project plans to deliver these programs and may be called on to manage some technical infrastructure within GRC. Over time the Strategic Programs Manager is expected to identify and fill staffing needs within this organization.
You will be taking responsibility for coordinating content for and running the regular operational metrics review. In this role you will work with stakeholders across Robinhood's engineering organization and present regularly to executive technical leadership.
You will also take ownership of coordinating and documenting the technical aspects of the annual top-down risk assessment, including taking the lead on delivering the cybersecurity assessment and working with Information Security to track remediation delivery against those risk assessments. You will also work with other groups within GRC to ensure they have the right level of technical expertise available to perform risk assessment and reporting.
The ideal candidate will thrive on working cross-functionally, building trust and great working relationships across a number of functions. Experience as a program manager or technical program manager within a security, privacy, or risk management function would be a great plus to build those relationships. You will also be expected to embed with other teams to assist in driving programs needed for risk management where ownership is cross-functional or if resources are not available in other organizations.
The role is currently an individual contributor function and you will be expected to build virtual teams to deliver. As the company grows and needs are identified you may be asked to build and supervise a team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Drive the evolution of the regular engineering-wide Operational Metrics Review and run the meeting
- Create, track, and report back on action items from the operational metrics review
- Participate in risk assessments and work collaboratively on producing follow-up documentation
- Work with the Governance Documentation Program Manager to provide input into policies and standards
- Produce regular reporting for TRC and GRC leadership
- Define measurement objectives for technical risk assessments
- Provide input into risk scoring for risk assessments, or meeting with technical personnel to ensure proper scoring
- Present the program and findings against the documentation to regulators and executive management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Finance, or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in technical job roles of which at least five is program and project management
- Experience writing clear concise technical documentation
- Experience building complex cross-functional programs
- Experience in one or more security disciplines, such as those in the Common Body of Knowledge
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, and similar regulatory requirements
- Advanced degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a security and/or risk management organization
- Experience in a highly regulated environment and/or public companies
- Experience managing off-the-shelf GRC tools
- CISSP, CISM, ISSMP, or similar certification
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top