Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our product and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Combine software and systems knowledge to engineer high-volume distributed systems in a reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant manner.
- Continually optimize systems and workflows by improving infrastructure, automation, CI/CD, and observability.
- Act as an owner and leader of Robinhood's infrastructure by ensuring project infrastructure needs are met and working proactively with customer teams to help them improve reliability and set best practices
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Represent Robinhood in the technology community
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience authoring and operating high-scale services
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Extremely data-driven
- Ability to debug complex systems
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Strong open source contributions
Technologies we use:
- Python, Django/DRF
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Postgres, Airflow, Consul, etc)
- Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Linux internals and network configuration and protocols
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (Terraform, SaltStack)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top