Software Engineer, Security
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are looking for Software Engineers to work within our Security Engineering team to build tools and services that secure our platform and our users. As a Software Security Engineer, you will be responsible for building services that protect our users from attacks such as account takeover, phishing, and other such common attacks. You will also work with the backend engineering team to build out microservices that our APIs can interact with for central services such as authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring. You will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building microservices for core infrastructure such as authentication
- Working with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Working with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Working with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build tools to prevent such activity
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, or similar dynamic programming language
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams
- Experience with deployment tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top