Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As a Senior Software Engineer on our crypto engineering team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core crypto products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
To ensure success in this role, you should possess extensive knowledge of blockchain paradigms, know the fundamentals of cryptography, and have experience in building engineering systems that interact with the blockchain. An outstanding engineer will be able to build stable, secure systems around decentralized finance, and have the ability to translate dense technical topics to those less versed with blockchain applications.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Contribute to projects in security, blockchain technology, and distributed systems.
- Lead, build, test, and release large scale systems within the Crypto team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Working closely with Product and Crypto Operations to drive the vision for the future of Robinhood Crypto and Crypto investments.
- Build and maintain the shared infrastructure to make blockchains and crypto assets available to every Robinhood users 24/7.
- Participating in the crypto and blockchain community, through open source projects, conference presentations, or similar mechanisms.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 1+ years experience working with blockchains and cryptocurrencies systems.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies protocols, best practices in blockchain management and data protection.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and good intuition for REST API design.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results aligned with team objectives.
- Demonstrated history of providing firm-wide impact with self-sufficiency, as well as planning and leading large projects with long-term impact.
- Experience with Solidity.
- Knowledge of cryptography.
- Experience writing low latency, large scale distributed systems.
- Past experience securing digital assets.
- Previous work in a blockchain related company.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store, Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Kafka as our task queue.
- Deployments using Kubernetes in AWS Cloud.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).