Senior Privacy Program Manager - Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a privacy-passionate program manager to become a member of the Privacy Engineering Team.
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Trust Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures, tools, and features that reduce the exposure of user data while transparently sharing our privacy story.
Your work will ensure privacy is a foundational bedrock of everything we do at Robinhood. You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will drive our privacy-by-design efforts and be the voice of the customer in evolving our user data request program to not only ensure we’re meeting our regulatory requirements but pushing beyond to do the right thing for our users.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Champion our privacy program, understanding our principles and requirements, and the associated technical and operational work required
- Prioritize, coordinate, manage and facilitate technical, product, and policy privacy reviews with engineering, product teams, and Privacy stakeholders
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Advocate for the customer, identify User Data Request process and experience improvements
- Develop Privacy frameworks and document guidance
- Partner with Legal to develop and operationalize policies and internal controls
- Collaborate with broad range of technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Customer Experience, Compliance, and Legal
- Communicate and evangelize our privacy tools and solutions both internal and externally
- Monitor changes in the Privacy landscape and translate to actionable engineering
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 7+ years of work experience in privacy and/or security programs
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders and engineers
- Process design and process improvement experience
- Experience in privacy with one of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- Code review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Public Policy or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top