Senior Enterprise Risk Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive risk expert to join Robinhood’s Enterprise Risk leadership team. In this Senior Manager role, you will partner directly with Robinhood’s business unit and infrastructure function leaders to make valuable recommendations, and play an influential role in building out and refining Robinhood’s risk management capability. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, show a clear ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, able to quickly gain an understanding of Robinhood’s products and the rules and regulations under which we operate.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with Enterprise Risk leadership on the development of Robinhood’s risk mitigation plans and the overall strategic direction of the Enterprise Risk program
- Develop and drive methodologies and frameworks to consistently identify, assess, manage and report risk exposures, controls and mitigants across multiple business units and entities
- Efficiently engage with senior management on a range of operational risk identification, analysis and remediation efforts
- Consult on the evaluation of the business’ key risks and drive establishment and monitoring of key risk indicators
- Ensure Robinhood’s risk management capability meets regulatory requirements and expectations across our entities
- Create and maintain frameworks, policies and procedure documentation related to the risk function
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 10+ years of experience conducting strategic assessments across banks, fintechs, broker dealers, and other financial institutions
- Experience in defining risk mitigation and leading regulatory compliance initiatives
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing technical solutions
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Series 7, 24, 4 certifications, CRISC, CISA or other related certification
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of study
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top