Senior Data Scientist
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. Data Scientist here works with other data scientists and engineers to collect, organize, and analyze data from all parts of our business to power these decisions.
Every decision made at Robinhood is backed by data. Our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team. We integrate multifaceted data streams such as rapidly changing market data, user data based on app activity, and brokerage operations data to perfect our processes and workflows.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Combining knowledge of several research domains to help power decisions at Robinhood
- Designing new machine learning systems to power the analytics efforts at Robinhood
- Improving the statistical methodology backing our experimentation platform
- Building statistical models to predict user behavior and risks to the business
- Adapting machine learning algorithms to solve problems across several teams, such as product, operations, customer support, compliance, and security
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering or natural sciences (or equivalent research experience)
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Excellent programming skills, including expert level familiarity with either Python or R programming languages
- At least 4 years experience of working in a research setting in academic or commercial setting
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top