Senior Counsel, Litigation & Investigations
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking to hire a Senior Counsel to join the Global Litigation, Ethics & Compliance practice group within its Legal Department. This role will report to the Head of the Global Litigation, Ethics & Compliance and will be responsible for complex commercial litigation matters, regulatory enforcement matters, FINRA arbitration matters and related cases and projects. We have flexibility to hire this position in either Menlo Park, CA or the Washington, D.C. area.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- End-to-end management of a variety of contested matters, including complex commercial litigation, regulatory and internal investigations and FINRA arbitration matters. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include, among other things:
- Coordinating discovery, including document collection and production;
- Overseeing and managing outside counsel; and
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Member of at least 1 U.S. state bar, with good standing
- 5+ years of broad-based litigation experience, including experience with regulatory and internal investigations and complex commercial litigation
- In-house legal experience in the financial services or technology industry
- Experience working with broker dealers
- Prior work experience at a top-tier law firm and/or government agency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams on time-sensitive matters
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top