Product Manager, Design Systems
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you'll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You'll work with experts in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize our financial system.
As a Product Manager on the Design Systems team, you'll focus on ensuring that Robinhood delivers the best modern financial products in the world. You'll work across all product teams to create a system that empowers hundreds of engineers and designers to build high quality products. You'll lead work on building a leveraged design system which includes: design principles, colors, fonts, and iconography. You'll help deliver UI components for all our platforms, ensuring they are accessible, reliable, and consistent.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with design and engineering to understand the needs of both internal and external customers for our design system.
- Leading the charge to execute on our team's mission to deliver user experiences at scale while honing our long-term vision and strategy.
- Improving the quality of Robinhood's products by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Defining strategy that enables our design system to accelerate the impact of product teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Systems thinking mindset and approach to developing roadmaps and problem solving
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people's financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Previous experience working on design systems
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Back to top