Product Manager, App Foundations
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you'll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You'll work with experts in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize our financial system.
As a Product Manager on the App Foundations team, you'll focus on ensuring that Robinhood delivers the best modern financial products in the world. You'll lead work on the design system and front-end platform - including UI infrastructure, component libraries, APIs, and designer and developer tools which empower our product engineers and designers to build high quality products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of quality while solving unique scalability and velocity challenges. You will have impact in a leveraged position at a relatively small company for our user base.
The App Foundations team's mission is to raise the quality bar for Robinhood's apps and set the bar for the entire financial industry. We take accountability for how Robinhood builds products that come together into a consistent high quality experience for our customers. As our company and ambition grows, it's important we provide tools, frameworks, and processes for designers and developers to achieve consistency, quality, and velocity at scale.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with design and engineering to understand the needs of both internal and external customers for our design system and front-end platforms
- Partnering with peers to craft and evolve the team's vision, mission, and strategy
- Improving the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Collaborating with design, engineering and operations to ship meaningful, high-impact work
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Systems thinking mindset and approach to roadmapping and problem solving
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people's financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Previous experience working on design systems, internal tools, or technical infrastructure
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top