- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an privacy-passionate engineer to become a member of the Privacy Engineering Team.
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Trust Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures, tools, and features that reduce the exposure of user data while transparently sharing our privacy story.
Your work will ensure privacy is a foundational bedrock of everything we do at Robinhood. You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will not only lead the development of industry-vetted privacy solutions but drive innovative ideas to implementation as the company evolves and grows.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Develop awareness of how data is handled and used across our products and infrastructure and guide engineering teams during product development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Lead and manage proactive development of new privacy features, tools, and scalable solutions
- Conduct technical, product, and policy reviews for new products and features and identify privacy concerns and mitigations
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Compliance, and Legal
- Advocate for privacy-preserving solutions and identify innovative opportunities to advance our posture
- Communicate and evangelize our privacy tools and solutions both internal and externally
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in software engineering, privacy engineering or security engineering
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Experience in privacy with one of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top