Performance and Capacity Planner
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is seeking a Performance and Capacity Planner/Engineer as part of the new Capacity Engineering & Analysis team (CEA). The Capacity Engineering & Analysis team will drive both strategic and tactical planning to ensure that Robinhood products have sufficient capacity while maintaining operational and financial discipline. This role will interact closely with a number of cross functional partners including infrastructure and product engineers, finance, software engineering and data engineering, & tooling engineering. This role will be actively engaged in multiple strategic initiatives to build one of the largest fintech services in the world while building efficient infrastructure to serve Robinhood's 10+ million customers. This position is full-time and based at our Menlo Park, CA office.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Work with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure
- Provide definition and deliverables on project roadmap to automate and improve our capacity planning and management
- Tackle the state-of-the-art cloud performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience
- Communicate across various functional teams and organizations, with internal and external stakeholders, to drive innovation in infrastructure capacity plan, delivery and management
- Bachelors in an engineering or highly analytical field such as computer science, electrical & computer engineering, or operations research
- 4+ years of experience working in a technology company planning and understanding infrastructure capacity
- Understanding of large scale distributed infrastructure to support a global fintech business
- Experience working on ambiguous problems and managing the uncertainty of high-growth company
- Experience in performance or capacity engineering
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top