Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! As an Engineering People Partner (what we call HRBPs), you'll make Robinhood a place to work where our engineers can grow and thrive as part of a community they belong in. By partnering with key leadership across multiple functions, you'll set our employees up for tackling some of the toughest problems in the financial & tech industries.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Advising and Influencing Senior or Executive Leaders: Through building close partnerships with some of our most senior leaders in engineering you'll enable the engineering organization to solve critical and complex business challenges
- Supporting leaders & aligning people strategy with business goals: By working alongside business leaders, you'll bring together your people expertise with knowledge of our business to deliver people strategies that help grow and develop our talent
- Coaching and developing managers: You'll leverage your experience in organizational design, building high performing teams, and navigating difficult conversations to coach managers and leaders through the full range of the employee journey
- Managing organizational change: You'll collaborate with other People team members to effectively communicate and land organizational changes by advocating for engineering-specific needs and facilitating company-wide communications and trainings
- Advising compensation design: By partnering directly with our compensation team, you'll help drive decisions that align our culture with our reward strategies while ensuring internal equity
- Championing the Engineering culture: You'll be responsible for championing and stewarding the culture of our Engineering teams - ensuring that their unique voices, perspectives, and challenges are heard
- Rolling up your sleeves: From data entry to ad-hoc administrative work, you're ready to jump in and do what it takes to support our people operations and programs
- At least 8 years of HR business partner experience
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and getting things done
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it's difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Passion for Engineering, first principles thinking, and the challenges facing an engineering org bringing "tech" to a heavily regulated industry
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top