Managing Editor, Original Content (Snacks and Learn)
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood Snacks is one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry. We aim to reinvent the way finance news is gathered, shared, and read for the next generation. We recently created Robinhood Learn as an opportunity to expand into financial literacy and education. The Managing Editor role is critical to our growth as we scale our podcast and newsletter, build out educational content in-app and on social channels, and develop new content offerings. You’ll lead the overall content strategy for editorial at Robinhood, optimize day to day editorial operations, manage the team, and bring new opportunities to life.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Leading the overall editorial process for Snacks and Learn, ensuring a high quality bar and efficient output
- Managing and growing the Snacks and Learn editorial teams, providing ongoing mentorship and guidance
- Ideating on new content offerings, identifying opportunities to test and eventually operationalize
- Working cross-functionally with partners across product, design, engineering, data, and research to monitor performance, iterate on content, and develop new products
- Partnering with the content, marketing, and communications teams on integration points with the Robinhood brand, and opportunities to collaborate
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in a digital editing role
- Proven experience managing an editorial team and fostering an inclusive, diverse, and innovative environment
- Excellent editorial judgement with a love for news and finance
- Passion for content and developing new, creative ideas
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Collaborative spirit working with cross-functional partners
- Positive, ambitious attitude that continually sees new possibilities and areas for growth
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top