Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Compliance Regulatory Licensing Manager will be an individual contributor to a team that is responsible for running Robinhood Crypto (RHC)’s licensing & regulatory obligations in the crypto space.
This person would be responsible for running RHC’s money transmission licensing program by maintaining our licensing responsibilities, and coordinating with the external supervision and examination of RHC's program. This person also serves as a liaison between compliance, legal, finance, analytics, business, and product teams to communicate regulatory requirements. This person will also support various internal processes supporting other regulatory requirements as assigned.
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York City, NY or Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Supervise regular license maintenance requirements, timely filing regulatory reports and regulatory submissions and connect with regulators
- Lead a money transmitter licensing program that balances our legal and regulatory responsibilities while improving business and product flexibility
- Cultivate strong, working relationships with our state and federal regulators
- Maintain money transmission licenses, including applying for and renewing licenses, handling, gathering, and updating sensitive corporate information, and submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to regulators
- Coordinate and be responsible for state and federal regulatory examinations, and work with relevant internal and external teams to ensure satisfactory regulatory examination results
- Partner cross-functionally with legal, finance, operations and product teams to interpret, communicate, and operationalize licensing and regulatory requirements
- Complete regulatory reporting requirements by bringing together data from multiple and disparate internal partners, harmonizing data and ensuring that all reports are submitted with care and on time
- Lead employee specific licensing registrations on state by state basis for lending operations personnel
- Daily license maintenance and management of regulatory records
- Support examination preparation and submissions
- 7+ years working in compliance or a relevant function in the financial services industry or blockchain technology sector
- 5+ years experience using the NMLS licensing platform for the application of and maintenance of state licensing
- 3+ years experience in maintaining regulatory licensing
- Experience in submitting entity, and individual, licensing applications or renewals among both federal and state level
- Solid understanding of federal and state payments laws and regulations, especially in relation to cryptocurrency or payments products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience; advanced degree is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $115000 - $135000
US Zone 2: $94000 - $110000
US Zone 3: $85000 - $100000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.