Internal Audit Senior Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As a Senior Internal Audit Manager, you’ll be responsible for advising internal stakeholders to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence change and decisions for business initiatives, oversee company-wide risk assessments and delivery of audits on the internal audit plan. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and be able to show a clear ability to thrive in ambiguous environments.
This position reports to the Head of Internal Audit and is located in our Menlo Park, CA office.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partner with Audit leadership on the development of the annual Internal Audit testing plans and the overall strategic direction of the Internal Audit program
- Own and lead the execution of end-to-end procedures in the audit management life cycle be accountable for the objectives as they align to the internal audit strategy and company OKRs
- Develop custom audit programs that bring systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and address core and unique company risks, custom controls that meet governance requirements
- Lead specific areas of the execution of Robinhood internal audit plan by planning, executing, and reporting-out on various types of audits, including post-remediation validation
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for key technology, process and operational areas
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Advocate and implement for continuous improvement in our internal controls
- Mentor, lead and train new and existing internal auditors on the team
- Work on executive reporting and facilitate internal and external communications, including interacting with regulators
- Partner on continuous development and enhancement of Audit practice to align with the overall objective and goals of the Audit function (including development of frameworks, metrics, procedures, partnerships, communications and training programs).
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 8+ years of experience in an audit role
- 4+ years of financial services or high tech industry experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in leading SOC 1 and SOC2 and similar attestation reviews
- Strong partnership and communication skills
- Experience in end-to-end audit cycle management and independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects/initiatives
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience in leveraging data analytics or automated tools and techniques to execute audit procedures
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top