Internal Audit Senior Associate, Technology
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Internal Audit (IA) department of Robinhood Markets, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Associate to join our growing team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
As an Internal Audit Senior Associate - Technology, you will partner with IA leaders to identify areas of risk, document and test controls and make valuable recommendations that support improvements to the control environment. In this role, you will:
- Deliver audits, assessments and advisory projects for the Security, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Data teams
- Support the execution of the internal audits with quality
- Prepare audit documentation including, risk and control matrices, flowcharts, narratives, testing documentation, findings and recommendations
- Coordinate day-to-day activities with business teams to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Evaluate controls in order to identify potential gaps and areas of improvement
- Monitor resolution of audit findings and conduct post-remediation validation
- Maintain the audit framework, process and tools
- Implement continuous improvement in our internal controls
- Facilitate internal and external communications, including interacting with external auditors
- Manage ad-hoc initiatives and projects that support Internal Audit program development
This role will be located in Menlo Park, California and will report into Senior Manager of Tech Audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of audit experience
- 2+ years of financial services or high tech industry experience
- Experience in end-to-end audit cycle management
- Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks including COBIT, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001 etc.
- Critical technical skills - Familiarity with source code management systems and continuous integration processes
- SQL and Python / Go code readability or experience
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as code” processes
- Proven object-oriented code language readability with a willingness to learn new coding languages
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience conducting technology audits in a regulated environment
- Experience applying data analytics or automated tools and techniques to execute audit procedures
- Familiarity with Github, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Saltstack
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CAMS certifications
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top