Engineering Manager, Risk & Fraud
- Menlo Park, CA
About the role
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood and our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by this exceptional team. As a manager of the Risk and Fraud organization you would work with engineers, product managers and operations teams across the company to identify the biggest areas of risk for this team to work on. In addition to this, you will help grow the Risk and Fraud team by hiring top talent from across the industry.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Collaborate with different teams across the company including data infrastructure, product, fraud operations, risk and compliance to build seamless fraud experiences for Robinhood users.
- Design a large scale fraud infrastructure platform from the ground-up, in a relatively new team. You will be building a platform that is at the core of most systems at Robinhood
- Manage a team of engineers which includes planning and prioritizing projects, conducting 1-1s with your direct reports and providing directions to unblock tasks. You would help your direct reports grow in their career by providing actionable feedback and impactful problems to work on.
- Have the passion and drive to solve sophisticated engineering problems that drive business objectives.
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to the design and implementation of projects and ideas. Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience working with leads from engineering, product, operations and compliance to craft a roadmap and measures of success
- Demonstrable ability to identify, hire and retain top talent from the industry and leading graduate programs.
- Strong presentation and effective communication skills
- Understanding of building rules engine in fraud space
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgement on task prioritizations.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a world class Risk and Fraud team
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Back to top