Engineering Manager, Identity and Access Management
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood's Trust Engineering Team is looking for a stellar Engineering Manager to help build and lead our Identity and Access Management team. You will oversee the building and management of the services and infrastructure that control access to internal services that power Robinhood as an enterprise. The services you build will protect our most valuable assets AND provide a great user experience to authorized Robinhood team members at the same time.
We're looking for Engineering Managers who are deeply passionate about security, engineering, and building healthy teams to lead this critical effort.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Work with technical leads to set the direction for IAM infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the implementation of IAM services, identity management, single sign-on, role based access control, multi-factor authentication, privileged access management, and associated services
- Oversee the enhancement process including cross-functional build-out, and front-end and back-end features required to support the IAM platforms
- Work with cross-functional business, product, analytics, and engineering leaders to negotiate, plan, and execute on a roadmap for the IAM team
- Lead strategic direction on customization/deployment for privileged access and generic accounts
- Coach team on role mining, definition, and automating workflows
- Work with Technical Program Managers and Technical Writers to develop documentation of IAM landscape
- 3 years+ of experience in engineering management
- Experience making technical decisions and writing code
- Experience building teams, mentoring engineers, and leading people
- A hands-on IAM background, or related security experience
- Experience in Finance and Accounting systems
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top