Engineering Manager, Finance
- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an experienced leader for our newly formed Finance Automation team within Corporate Engineering. As the leader of the Finance automation team, you will partner closely with the Finance team, and the product team to deliver world class systems, experiences and products in the corporate finance space. You will build solutions that will meet the needs of today, as well as help with the future scale and complexity as we continue to grow.
You will have a unique advantage of building out this newly formed team as well as define the tech stack involved.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Provide leadership, vision and roadmap for financial systems and engineering
- Build cross functional partnerships with Finance, Engineering and Product teams
- Translate the Finance team’s requirements into technical roadmap/projects
- Build technical teams of software engineers, systems engineers, Business Systems Analysts to deliver on the above projects, and maintain the tech stack
- Deliver technical solutions, and integrations across various aspects of financial technology including but not limited to procure to pay, payroll, payables, general ledger, SOX compliance and stock administration
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Previous experience leading a financial technology team consisting of Systems/Software/Data engineers
- Prior experience in design and delivery of technology solutions for large volume financial systems consisting of both off the shelf and in house applications
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle (preferably Cloud) with deep knowledge of various modules
- Experience working with vendors and offshore engineering teams on project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- CPA or bachelor’s degree in finance
- Experience working in a fast prace pre-IPO environment
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top