Engineering Manager, Experimentation & Metrics
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We are looking for a talented, motivated Engineering Manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to scale quickly! In this role, you would own and manage the Experimentation & Metrics Team within the Data Org. This team is responsible for powering our A/B testing internal platform as well as the dynamic configuration system used by most services at Robinhood.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Being a steward of great experimental design and critical thinking when interpreting analyses.
- Setting the mid and long-term vision for the team.
- Coaching and mentoring Robinhood's talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers.
- Delivering high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning.
- Applying technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering.
- Working with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development.
- 2+ years of experience as a full-time software engineering manager, 3+ years experience in technical roles
- Proven ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in data tools and products
- Ability to drive full-stack as well as infrastructure projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
- Previous experience managing a team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- Experience building A/B testing frameworks.
- Good understanding of the statistical methodologies used for A/B testing.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top