Engineering Manager, Detection and Response
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood's Information Security Team is looking for a stellar engineering manager with a deep background in distributed systems and secure development to help build and lead our detection and response team. We're challenging the norm that incident detection and response are purely operational problems, and we are focusing on them instead as software engineering problems. We're looking for engineering managers who are deeply passionate about security, engineering, and building healthy teams to lead this critical effort.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with technical leads to set the direction for detection infrastructure
- Recruiting top-tier talent at all levels of seniority
- Owning security incident preparation through playbook development and drills
- Mentoring and growing the members of your team in their careers
- Working with Technical Program Managers and Technical Writers to develop procedures and playbooks for handling incidents
- Building a roadmap for ensuring intrusions are detected and remediated quickly, no matter where they take place
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering management
- Experience making technical decisions and writing code
- Experience building teams, mentoring engineers, and leading people
- A hands-on detection and response background, or related field such as forensics
- Formal training in security concepts such as cryptography, network security, etc.
- Experience in Finance and Accounting systems
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top