Engineering Manager, Brokerage Infrastructure
- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We're looking for a talented and motivated engineering manager to join our brokerage engineering team and help us continue to scale. In this role, you would be expected to manage the Brokerage Infrastructure team. This team will tackle performance bottlenecks, improve system observability, reduce manual tasks through automation, and ensure our core systems are designed for maximum uptime in the face of failures and heavy load. In short, this team will help our products scale to the next 10 million users and beyond. The ideal candidate for this role would be a hands-on and highly technical manager who has worked on scaling infrastructure of fast growing companies in the past.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood's talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with the recruiting team to hire and retain backend and infrastructure engineers for your team
- 4+ of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Sharp technical skills and continuing interest in coding and technical details
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with at least one relational DBMS (ex: Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with performance monitoring tools (like: Jaeger, DataDog, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Finance experience a plus
- Python, Django/Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes experience a plus
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top