Brokerage Risk Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (RHF) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer, and the Brokerage Risk Team focuses on identifying, evaluating, mitigating, reporting on, and responding to risks faced by the introducing broker-dealer. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to manage the Risk team for RHF. As a Brokerage Risk Manager, you’ll be managing a team who executes on critical functions like alert monitoring and building, risk assessments, incident response, and account reviews, and scaling this team to support new risk monitoring tactics. You’ll collaborate and partner with other entity level and enterprise risk professionals to take ownership and strengthen capabilities across all types of risks across Robinhood Financial LLC, including third party, margin, liquidity, market, and financial risk. You’ll strategize operational risk mitigation by automating tasks, implementing controls, monitoring areas of the brokerage, using data to drive operations decisions, and collaborating with our compliance, product, and engineering teams to execute on innovative, risk-mitigating projects. This role will be critical to building out the infrastructure to properly identify, evaluate, monitor, report, and respond to risks faced by the Robinhood’s introducing broker.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee the forecasting, planning, and intra-day workforce management of the Risk team, and grow this team to centralize risk mitigation across the entity
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders from the Introducing Brokerage Operations, Finance, Enterprise Risk, and Compliance teams to further the development of the entity’s first-line risk management program
- Work with process owners in Customer Experience, Market Operations, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to support enterprise risk assessments and internal audits
- Support Risk and Issue Management process for RHF including risk identification, evaluation, prioritization and reporting
- Develop agendas and curate materials to facilitate business reviews and oversight committee meetings
- Coordinate Risk desk responsibilities including incident response and building out and reviewing real-time alerts and controls
- Oversee reactive processes like restricting accounts, reviewing at-risk accounts, and coordinating customer remediation plans in the event of a system failure
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems
- Coach a team of Risk Specialists to help manage risk for Robinhood’s business lines
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Help assess emerging risks and design and track mitigation tactics
- Long-term thinking; ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- Be a great team leader who fosters conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Inspire, mentor, and develop a talented team of brokers to deliver a world class brokerage experience for our customers
- Ability to thrive and organize through ambiguity
- 5+ years experience in Brokerage Operations and/or Risk Management; Bachelor’s in finance, business, or quantitative field
- 3+ years leading and developing strong teams
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees in your wake
- Exposure to middle office brokerage operations, margin, and options
- Experience interfacing with technical and non technical teams
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24
- Risk management expertise, including process design and risk assessments
- Strong working knowledge of market, operational, liquidity, technology, and credit risk
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Series 4 and Series 57 licenses
- Business continuity experience
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $107,000 to $126,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. [Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.]
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Back to top