Backend Engineer (New Grad)
- Menlo Park, CA
About the Company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
As a Backend Engineer (New Grad), you will be building and owning certain backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Having a dedicated mentor who will help you navigate through Robinhood as a whole. From onboarding you on to our tech stack to teaching you about the financial domain, your mentor will get you ramped up and ready to make an impact- all while showing you what it means to be a Robinhoodie!
- Designing, building, testing, and releasing software solutions with stringent correctness and scalability requirements
- Partnering with various cross-functional teams to solve critical problems across the Robinhood organization
- Working with other financial institutions to build products and gain insight into the industry
- Maintaining and scaling an existing codebase
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2021
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Passion and interest for financial technology
- Prior software engineering experience from internships, hackathons, or other side projects
- Familiarity with Python/Django or Go
- Understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Passion for finance and/or desire to learn more about the domain
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go are the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Kafka for event streaming
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
The role associated with the above job description is subject to possible modification due to the shelter-in-place restrictions as a result of the pandemic.
Back to top