ABOUT THE COMPANY
Riviera is a recruiting services firm that finds the best engineering and product management talent for emerging growth technology companies. Recognized by leading venture capitalists, satisfied clients, and influential media as a top recruiting firm in the Bay Area, Southern California, and New York, Riviera provides the reach and relationships of a large, sophisticated recruiting organization with the feel and expertise of a specialized provider.
It’s no secret that recruiting is broken. The current process leaves all engaged parties – candidates, clients, and recruiters alike – exhausted; this is all too telling of the status quo’s fundamental flaws. Candidates struggle to find the best jobs for their skillsets; clients can’t fill their open roles with the best people; a recruiter’s ability dictates the pace of information flow, for better or worse. When you combine these factors, the resulting experience leaves much to be desired and begs the question as to why nobody has yet cracked this code in a tech-driven world.
- 3 applications - one for candidates, one for recruiters and one for hiring mangers - built from the ground up for each user base
- We match the best candidates to the best jobs with machine learning and data science algorithms augmented with decades of combined experience from our seasoned Recruiters.
- We are changing the recruiting experience fundamentally by giving candidates and clients the ability to control their own destinies. Candidates and clients make confident decisions because we offer them transparent comprehensive analysis of all possibilities and contingencies.
- Bottlenecks in the process are identified through data analysis continually and addressed quickly so that candidates have a streamlined experience and clients can concentrate on their bigger goals - not who will help them achieve them.
Only through Riviera’s significant investment in technology and people can such a solution be delivered to the marketplace. Our engineers have built our solution leveraging the firms decades of experience to work hand in hand with some of the worlds best recruiters, talent and hiring managers to create a seamless transparent suite of applications and streamline process that may not reinvent the wheel, but totally changes the rat race.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a full stack role on our backend team. It's responsibilities include restful api implementation and front end web application development. Your opinions and knowledge will shape the teams technology and design decisions. You will integrate the core api with multiple micro-services. You also will work closely with our UX, front end and iOS teams to build applications all the way from the database to browser end user level.
- 2+ years of experience in building software using Ruby, Python, PHP or similar backend technologies; technical leadership experience.
- Backbone angular OR React is big plus
- Node on backend database, backend API, and design experience desired.
- Experience developing and deploying RESTful API’s and realtime socket based applications.
- Basic experience with postgres SQL - analyzing queries and optimization .
- Background in Test Driven Development.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a big plus.
- Experience using Scrum process.
Back to top