Strategic Business Development Lead
- New York, NY
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.
About the Role
Riskified’s Growth team plays a key role in defining and executing the company’s expansion strategy. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly intelligent and motivated individual to join our team as a Strategic Business Development Lead. This role combines opening doors at a high level, sales, consulting, strategic thinking, and business analysis.
In this position, you will be responsible for generating a sales pipeline of new potential clients, developing relationships with multiple Fortune 500 companies and identifying their unique needs and challenges. Essentially, you’ll be joining a global sales team of a Series E FinTech startup in hyper-growth and will be using your skills, expertise and energy to make a huge impact.
What You'll Be Doing
- Generate quality sales opportunities through proactive, strategic prospecting as well as researching industries and individual companies to find the best way in
- Establish and develop relationships with decision makers at target fortune 500 companies through a variety of channels including conferences (in person and virtual), face to face meetings, calling, emailing and partnerships. Take a strategic advisor approach with prospective clients to build a sales pipeline that will directly drive Riskified's revenue growth
- Represent Riskified at industry events and sales meetings with potential clients
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments industry and build relationships with key players in the space
- 10 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience selling to C-Level executives at Enterprise companies and navigating a complex sales cycle. Experience in B2B enterprise sales or business development, especially selling technology solutions into a variety of senior decision makers and preferably in the payments, risk, security, fintech, or digital commerce areas
- Ability to quickly understand Riskified and its place within the payments and eCommerce technology space
- Attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment. This requires balancing collaborating closely with colleagues and being self-directed and tenacious, while taking on a lot of different responsibilities
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Naturally analytical with a strong passion for persuasion
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In The News
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top