Research Analyst - Model Training Team
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our Research Team
- We are focused on bringing value to Riskified through the development of models and analytical solutions across domains. We use a wide variety of advanced techniques and algorithms to provide maximum value from data in all shapes and sizes: classic ML and deep learning, supervised and unsupervised, NLP, anomaly detection, graph theory, and more.
- We use the most cutting-edge solutions - from event driven (Kafka), to big data solutions (Spark), Cloud operations (Docker & Kubernetes), Workflow orchestration (Airflow & Argo) and Machine Learning Platforms (Databricks & Kubeflow), working in Python and R.
- We’re a friendly, fun and diverse team. We’re passionate about making data-driven decisions, being open-minded and creative, while communicating openly and honestly. We thrive in a continuous learning culture to promote growth and remain at the forefront of technological innovation.
About the Role
The Models Training team is responsible for the data sampling, training, validation and deployment of Riskified’s fraud prevention models. The team trains models for new and existing segments and continuously seeks to improve the performance for our industry and merchant-specific models.
As a research analyst on the team, you’ll have ownership over a large group of models and have ultimate responsibility for their performance. You’ll search for new ways to segment the industry and engineer new features to train more accurate models, leveraging your expertise of the fraud trends within your industry.
Finally, you’ll collaborate closely with our operation teams and act as the Data Science department’s expert for all matters regarding your domain.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques, engineer features to further enhance the models’ performance
- Work closely with the Data Science teams to improve the training and validation methodologies used in production
- Work closely with the business analytics and account management teams to identify needs and provide value where most needed
- Master the online fraud prevention domain through hands-on analysis of live data with our in-house analysis tools
- Hands-on analytics experience for at least 2-3 years
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field (i.e. mathematics, statistics, computer science, natural sciences)
- Proficient in R - modelling, functions creation and data wrangling
- Ability to write clean and concise code, hands on experience with the Tidyverse package - advantage
- Proficient in SQL
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly explain complex concepts.
- High level of English, including experience in writing research reports and summaries
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Equity to all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Back to top