Director of R&D - Platform
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We are passionate about scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code.
- As part of our team, you'll have the chance to experience real highly-available architecture and take part in the ongoing efforts to enhance our scale and resilience. You’ll work with the most advanced technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources and complex analytical logic, with its high availability and strict SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve our customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, written to maintain an operation of considerable onboarding size and monitor our merchants’ analytical performance
- Our culture is fast-paced, empowering, and collaborative. We work together as a department, and also, in smaller teams, enabling each developer to have a significant impact on our product. Each team member has a high-level of independence and makes important decisions that influence our customers' payment flow and risk management.
About the Role
As a Director of R&D - Platform, you will lead, mentor and manage a group of talented team leaders, software engineers and DevOps engineers, responsible for the development of Riskified’s infrastructure platform. We are in hyper-growth mode, so we’re looking for people who can learn and adjust quickly as the company and our product suite expand.
Our philosophy centers around end-to-end ownership, which means that every team member is empowered and accountable. You will be responsible for all aspects of development in your group - From technologies to processes to people management. You will drive technical excellence, high product quality, innovation, and timely delivery in an Agile, production critical environment.
You’ll report to the VP R&D and be a part of the engineering management team, establishing engineering vision, goals and culture.
What You'll Be Doing
- Mentor and work closely with your team leaders to foster a culture that values performance, innovation and high-impact results, while creating a balanced environment for team members to thrive in.
- Evaluate architecture options, take part in designing solutions, set technical direction and quality standards, and guide implementation.
- Track development process and assume full ownership and accountability over product delivery, quality and timelines.
- Lead process changes to improve group performance and effectiveness.
- Take overall responsibility for recruiting and scaling the team to support its growth needs.
- Take part in forming engineering culture, vision and cross-department processes.
- 2+ years of experience as group leader, managing managers, with strong leadership skills for coaching and mentoring - MUST
- Strong architecture/design skills and experience with a wide range of technologies
- Experience managing infrastructure teams, including DevOps
- Experience deploying and maintaining a 24/7 production environment
- High standards for code quality, testing, and performance
- Experience in Microservices architecture and SaaS environments
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Great collaboration and cross-functional organizational skills
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv, New York City, and Shanghai. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more
In the News
Back to top